Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pau, WOW! Lakers Beat Nets 105-90


Okay, Lakers fans, I am officially "giddy" with excitement...yes, I said it, and I know if you are a true Laker fan, you know that we literally stole this guy from Memphis...are you freakin" kidding me? I still can't believe we got this guy and in the process dumped Kwame Brown (check out the video in a previous Post, this guy expresses my sentiments exactly). This is just a precursor of things to come. Now on to the good stuff...

Gasol had 24 points and 12 rebounds in his debut game as a Laker, helping the Lakers beat the New Jersey Nets 105-90 tonight despite a limited point contribution from Bryant who had a season-low six points, his first single-digit effort in more than a year. Gasol had only one practice and one shootaround with the Lakers, but was included into the starting lineup anyway and received a loud ovation when he was announced during introductions."I'm starting to realize how big the Lakers are around the country and around the world," Gasol said before the game. "I had a little bit of a feel when they coming (into Memphis) because I see more Lakers jerseys than Grizzlies jerseys in the stands. But that happens everywhere."

D-Fish matched a season high of 28 points to lead the Lakers, which improved their record to 3-1 on their nine-game road trip. Bryant shot just 3-of-13 from the floor, but had eight assists in his lowest-scoring effort since an eight-point game against Denver on Jan. 5, 2007. Fisher scored 10 points in the third quarter and the Lakers led 75-71 entering the fourth.

No comments: